This is the Old Soldier with another issue of the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette. I’m not very good at keeping resolutions. So, I make as few as possible; but when I do find the will power to carry through on any resolutions I might make, good things happen to me.
So, here are 10 resolutions that I think we writers can all agree on for the coming year. A few of these resolutions only indirectly impact our writing, but they still put us in a better position to write.
- Put all important financial papers and documents in one place.
- Seek out other people who are serious about writing.
- Arrange to have more down time just to “think” about writing.
- Make a commitment to watch less television.
- Read at least one book every month.
- Make a list of paying markets.
- Use your public library.
- Don’t just write. Study the craft of writing.
- Read the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette.
- Then read and follow the submission guidelines and submit work to the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette.
There you have it. I’m sure that following one or more of these resolutions will bring you some good luck as a writer in the year 2014.
This is the Old Soldier reporting from Pittsburgh. Take a moment to follow this site or to sign up for your free email subscription today. Then keep reading and keep writing that good old flash fiction.