- The imagination of the reader is 50% of the creative process.
- You can’t make a living from flash fiction, but you can make a reputation as a writer.
- A smart, savvy writer can often times leverage his or her reputation as a flash fiction writer into something more profitable than writing flash fiction or into something that will further his or her career as a writer.
- The first thing a writer of flash fiction should shoot for is clarity. You never want your reader to wonder what is going on.
- The best flash fiction is really made up of two stories. There is the surface story and what I call the understory. The surface story is about good writing. The understory is about life.
- The novel is about perseverance. The flash fiction story is about focus.
- The fewer main characters in your flash fiction story the better.
- The flash fiction story is perfect for capturing a significant moment in the life of your protagonist.
- The best flash fiction is not only good entertainment. It is also art.
- In the best erotic flash fiction stories, the sex is often a metaphor for something else.