With 15 years of blogging under my belt, I think I’m finally getting the hang of it. Hello, hello, hello, all you rock ‘n’ rollers! Guy Hogan is my name and blogging is my game. Yes, I’ve made most of the mistakes you can make as a blogger, especially if your short-term goal is to achieve at least 1,000 page views every day. I’m on schedule to achieve that goal this year. So far I’m averaging 742 page views every day for March 2016.
So, here are 10 tips that may help you to reach 1,000 page views every day. These tips are not meant to be hard, fast rules. They just work for me. Maybe they will work for you.
- Find a need and then fill it
- Blog for an ideal reader
- Produce content that serves the needs of your ideal reader
- Content that not only serves the needs of your ideal reader, but that can also entertain or inform or inspire is always a plus
- Always stay on message even as you entertain or inform or inspire
- Add new content on a regular basis
- Have a short-term goal for your blog
- Have a long-term goal for your blog
- Realize that a successful blog is not built over night
- You must have passion for your message
Hail to Pitt!
This is Guy Hogan reporting for the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette.
It’s an overcast day in The ‘Burgh today. The high will be in the mid-40s.