Let’s have a quick review of how to write great erotic flash fiction.
Hello, everyone! It’s the Old Soldier reporting for duty on a rainy, summer morning in Pittsburgh. But enough about me. Keep the following tips in mind as you struggle to write your own sexy flash fiction that appeals to the libido as well as the intellect.
- The best erotica is not about sex at all. It’s about relationships.
- Dialogue is a great way to project sexual excitement.
- The more your characters act like real people the more authentic the sex will seem to the reader.
- A sex act is not a short story.
- Make sure you are writing a story, not just writing about sex.
- Like any well-written story, erotic flash fiction is about character and character has a lot to do with motivation. Why are your characters having sex?
- Write in such a way that your reader can “see and hear” what is going on.
- Use concrete sense details.
- Proofread your story a few times for clarity. You never want your reader to wonder what is going on. You never want your reader to get lost.
- Keep this list handy.
This is the Old Soldier reporting from Pittsburgh.
New Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette is about creative writing, culture and sex.