Hello, my brother and sister writers! The Old Soldier is here to give you some tough love.
So, you want to be a writer. Or at lease you think you want to be a writer. Well, I’m going to help you achieve your goal. Here’s a fact of life. You can research it.
99% of all writers do not (I said do not) make a living from their writing.
Still want to be a writer? If the answer is a resounding yes (you’re as crazy as I am), here are 5 tips that will help you to find some level of success as a writer.
- The first thing you need to do is to find a secure source of income to support yourself and your writing habit. A job that you like would probably be your best bet. Sugar daddies and sugar mommas can walk out on you.
- Don’t just write like a drone. Study writing like you would study any craft.
- Read and learn from the masters of your genre.
- Keep on writing. Perseverance is decisive.
- Don’t worry about rejection. A writer must be sensitive and tough.
That’s it. That’s all there is. And with a little luck, you will find some level of success as a writer. You might even make a little money and win a couple of awards.