Do you dream of being a professional blogger? Do you dream of supplementing your income by blogging? Maybe I can help you achieve your goal.
Hi, I’m the Old Soldier. My blog is the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette. I’m retired. My social security and my two pensions provide me with a very modest but secure income which allows me to blog full time. I’m expecting my first check ($55.00) by snail mail from Mr.Skin/Naked News any day now. My blog is a part of their affiliate network. This blog supplements my income.
I am in no way an expert on how to make money blogging. I’ve made plenty of mistakes learning how to make money blogging. Here is a list of the lessons I’ve learned the hard way about blogging for money.
- Unless you’re a celebrity of some kind on some level, nobody wants to read about your life. We’re talking about blogging for money here.
- Your blog should be about the wants and needs of your core readers.
- Pick a core subject that you can blog about with authority.
- Your blog must present content that your core audience will find either useful or entertaining or inspiring.
- Be dependable. I try to blog every day, but you probably should blog at least three times a week.
- When you monetize your blog make sure how you monetize your blog fits the general tone or theme of your blog.
- Backup your blog.
- Your blog should be easy to navigate.
- Images are important.
- Here is the link to the website that I subscribe to for expert advice on blogging for money: Problogger
Well, that’s it. These are some of the conclusions that I’ve drawn from my own experience blogging for money. I’m quite aware that my conclusions about blogging for money may be wrong. It’s up to you to find your own truth about how to blog for money. Good luck.
Don’t miss a single update of the Pittsburgh Flash Fiction Gazette. Take a moment to bookmark this blog or to sign up for the free email subscription list today.